Customs procedures for passengers arriving at the Bahrain International Airport are divided into two channels - red and green. To know which channel to use, simply examine the list of items listed below.
When to use the Red channel?
You should proceed to the red lane when you carry the following:
- Prohibited items
- Restricted items
- Pirated items
- Items subject to duty or exceeding the duty limit*
- Items granted special dispensation or coming under customs exemptions
- Cash which needs to be declared
While you are in the red lane please:
- Quickly inform the customs ofﬁcial about what you are carrying.
- Show the items you want to inform about.
When to use the Green channel?
A traveler carrying personal items or gifts is not subject to customs duty and should proceed to the green lane unless these items violate restrictions or are prohibited.